1. To converge research lines of the groups with the aim of coordinate new joint projects leading to results of greatest interest to the scientific community, which could hardly be achieved without the synergy from the collaboration between the groups.
2. To enhance the interdisciplinary nature of research groups by holding regular seminars and scientific meetings, with the participation of researchers (both theoretical and experimental) in different fields of chemistry, physics and biology, and encourage mobility of researchers between different groups of national and international research.
3. To give a coordinated image of research in theoretical and computational chemistry that takes place in Catalonia through:
Collaboration with foreign research groups and participation in research projects across Europe.
Participation of the Network groups organizing conferences and international meetings.
Publication of the research results on best international scientific journals.
Projection of the network in our society with the release of the most important results of the investigation.
4. Promoting scientific training high-level activities in the field of theoretical and computational chemistry
5. Optimization of existing infrastructure and equipment
6. Transfer of knowledge and technology to the industry